Thursday, May 30, 2013

.

We have so much going on, I feel like I very rarely have time to write what I want to. I always end up starting a post but then forget about it, or get side tracked.

The biggest thing happening in our life right now is our upcoming move to Texas. I'm so happy to say that I'm   feeling much better about it and dare I say, I'm excited to get there.

We have dates set, an apartment ready to go, and the movers booked.

Leaving the suburbs of Chicago to Texas is going to be a change. Luckily, we are going to another suburb for the time being, but the ultimate goal is go be out in the country with some acreage.

M has this dream of growing our own food and having chickens. Me? Well, let's just say I'm not an outdoor person. Camping? Sure. Where's the RV?

It reminds me of a time that M tried to take me on a romantic beach date on Lake Michigan.

He promised me a romantic time on the beach. I decided to dress in shorts, flip flops, and do my hair. Obviously, I cared more about the romance part, then actually getting there.

So M parks a ways a side street and tells me we have to walk a little ways to get to the beach. A short walk? I can handle that. 10 minutes into the walk, I start questioning where exactly this beach is.  "Oh, just through this prairie grass!" He says.

"Yeah, okay." I say, looking rather irritated as I pointed to my feet.

I decided to try and give him the benefit of the doubt and make my way through the prairie, then a forest.

Finally to the beach and its anything but romantic. We had a nice scenic view of the power plant. With ticks and other insect guests.

I'm sure we could have made the best of it, but I consider myself more of a restaurant or romantic night in kind of girl.

So farming may not be for me, but I'm willing to try. T-minus a month and a half away!

No comments:

Post a Comment