Monday, February 6, 2012

Starting somewhere

Now, I am clearly not a writer by any means. My writing only goes as far back to my Creative Writing class my senior year in high school. Since it was "creative writing" everything I wrote was pretty much considered fabulous for a non-writer. My most challenging subject was "Who would play you in a major motion picture and why?" While others wrote down that they desired Jessica Alba, or Jennifer Aniston to play them, I didn't dive so much into the creativity and just clearly stated, "My life is too complicated, I'll act it out myself." I'm sure you're asking by now, "Well if she is complaining about creatively writing, then why in the world would she want to start a blog?"

To say it simply. I really enjoy sharing my life with others. My life is actually pretty entertaining, and my husband and I wish cameras could follow us sometimes just to capture the crazy things that happen to us and our family.

When the top of my blog says, "A whirlwind start to our life together continues.." I truly do mean "whirlwind". My husband and I met in March of 2011. We were engaged by May 2011 and married by September 2011.  I will save that story for another time. Continuing that whirlwind romance of ours... I'm pregnant! 26 weeks and 3 days to be exact as of today.

Most have started their blogs at the beginning of their pregnancy, but better late than never.

So, how am I feeling at 26 weeks? Tired, exhausted, excited, anxious, worn out, bloated, sore, happy. The list can go on and on.

My fatigue never has really gone away, but I am drinking coffee again and it has been a life-saver. I am sore, but only in my lower back when I stand too long. I have not had pain anywhere else, mostly because I see a chiropractor, and I swear by her.

The happiness is the emotion that is the dominant one. Mike and I are so excited to bring our little E into the world. This is our first baby, so we are learning everything at the same time. I feel her kicks and it almost feels unreal. I was reading that around 26 weeks you can start interacting with your baby and she will interact back with you. I decided to try this out. I pressed down very gently on my left side and as I was pressing down I felt a kick. This was different from her other kicks I have felt, because in this kick I felt her foot. I literally felt the outline of her foot. I was so shocked and excited that I screamed. I grabbed my husbands hand and told him to do the same thing, sure enough, she did it! He also felt her foot.

I went to bed dream of her foot as strange as that sounds. I dreamed of her little tiny feet, and her little hands grasping mine after she is born. How can I be so in love with someone I've never seen yet? I'm not sure, but I know that I am head over heels in love with our little E.

No comments:

Post a Comment