Friday, February 10, 2012

27 weeks: Hello 3rd trimester... I think


So I think just maybe I'm in the 3rd trimester. Everyone you talk to has a different answer for when that exactly begins. 26 weeks and 3 days, 27 weeks, 28 weeks... It's so confusing that I think I'll just stick to the average answer.

Every week I get so excited to head to Dr. Google and find out what's going on with E. and I in each of our weeks together. This week I was told by Babycenter.com that I would be feeling increased leg cramps, back aches, swelling all over your body, and good old Braxton Hicks contractions. It also gives me a list of what is not "normal" during your pregnancy and when to call your caregiver. The website says E should weight almost 2 pounds now. and she's over a foot long! Her lungs are still developing and her brain is very active.

So, 27 weeks and what I'm actually feeling?
Leg cramps? Not so much. I'm taking enough calcium and magnesium I think to take care of that. Swelling? No, not really.  Back aches? sometimes, but I am pretty sure my chiropractor is a saint and I feel much better after seeing her. Gaining weight? Oh you betcha.

Today we finally get to see E again. We scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound. I'm so excited to see her face, and watch her on the screen. The kicks make it feel real, but goodness, seeing her face makes it all the more real. Every day I fall more and more in love with her.

My nesting stage has officially begun. I'm ready to finally go through her bedroom. We have been using it as storage since we first moved in and now I think it's time that we actually make it look like a baby's room. Not only am I going through her bedroom, I'm cleaning the kitchen, the bathrooms, living room.. you name it, it's being cleaned however, I stop in the middle and totally get distracted by something else that needs to be cleaned. So accomplishing 1 room at a time is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment