Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Inspired to stay in the picture

A blog post was shared with me a few weeks ago and it really struck a chord with me.

The Mom Stays in the Picture.

I'm pretty sure the title speaks for itself.

When I read this I was like, "Yeah! She's right!" then I looked through the pictures we had of Em and I was only in 1 or 2.

"Really?" I thought. "I'm only in 1 or 2 pictures of the first 4 months of my little girl's life?"

I started to wonder why. I thought back to right after she was born when I saw a picture of myself about 3 weeks afterwards and remembering how terrible I looked. I didn't want to be in front of the camera, so instead I just decided to take pictures of her by herself, with M, or with family members.

I read this article and said, "Enough is enough. I will be in pictures." I started asking M to take our pictures, which he seemed thrilled to. I want to be there. I want her to know that I was there. I want her to hold up a picture when she is a teenager and say, "Mom, was that you and me when I was a baby? What's with your hair? Did you really wear that back then?" I'll tell her just like my mom told me, "That was the style back then." and laugh it off. I've let my insecurities get the best of me.

I'm taking a challenge for myself. I'm going to be in the picture.









No comments:

Post a Comment