Monday, November 5, 2012

Motivation & Excuses

I didn't have a problem with motivation or excuses for working out before pregnancy. I didn't have anything holding me back, and I worked at a Curves in my town and not only that, I was a Zumba instructor. I've mentioned before how I was in the best shape of my life pre-pregnancy, and how I miss it.

I relied too much on what articles said about breastfeeding helping your lose your baby weight. Because believe it or not, it doesn't always work. I know the basics on how to stay healthy and eat healthy. In fact that's what I would often tell my members at Curves. It was ingrained in our head.

With E being so young and so attached, it becomes so hard to go and work out anywhere. Most places don't have child care and even if they did, I can only imagine how E would act when I would walk away. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere. It takes me 15 or 20 minutes to get anywhere to work out, and if I were to leave her with M, she would cry and cry until I came home.

Ok so those were the excuses, now how can I solve those problems and make them not excuses anymore?

About a week ago, I said, "This is ridiculous Mike. I have to get better at this." He said he would support me and encourage me with whatever I decided to do. So, I sat down and thought of ideas. Then it dawned on me. My entire basement is a gym. Literally. M loves to work out. When he is working downstairs, he is going between the computer and weights.

Why can't I work out down there? I stopped thinking, put on my shoes, and took E downstairs with me. I got on the tredmill and set out the weights and I worked out. We've been doing that every day for a week now.

No more excuses. Em likes to watch me walk on the tredmill. She thinks it's hilarious to watch me feet move. I love that I have found a solution to my problem, making everyone happy.

So here's to that last 13.


No comments:

Post a Comment