Thursday, May 16, 2013

Howdy, Texas

It's silent in my house tonight. For the first time pretty much ever, I'm the last one up. I'm just sitting here looking at pictures of Em. She turns 1 in a few days and I am just beside myself.

So. Much. Change.

I can't believe how much has happened in the last 2 years. Now, our new adventure of moving to Texas is upon us. I'm still in shock that it's happening.

My last post, I was emotionally struggling with the idea of leaving the only place I've ever known with my family so close to me.

Today, I welcome this change with open arms. We had a chance to visit Texas and look at different areas we may want to live. I was worried that I was going to hate it there. I was praying that if God wanted this to happen, that I would just feel calm. As we crossed into the state, I felt peace. I can't describe it, I just felt peace.

Day after day while we were there, I loved it even more. I'm looking forward to this adventure. I'm still scared. I've never moved out of state before and I'm nervous that I'm going to be really lonely. I believe that we will build a community there. We will find a church, friends, and have our favorite places.






No comments:

Post a Comment