Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weeks 29 and 30

Weeks 29 and 30 have been increasingly difficult. Between the fatigue and peeing every 5 minutes, I have back pain and hip pain.

I hate to paint the picture of pregnancy being miserable, but seriously, it hasn't been the most enjoyable experience.
I will tell you what is enjoyable though: Feeling my little E. toss and turn. I'm so very blessed she is not the one keeping me up at night. In fact, E has been the perfect little baby during this baby building process. I feel her all day, but I never get punches for kicks that hurt (yet). She does like to stick her foot under my rib when she is sleeping though, and that isn't very comfortable, but I wouldn't call it painful by any means. I love catching her curl in a ball and feeling her move around. I love everything about her. Her personality, her toes, her fingers, her knees, her elbows, just everything.

So what exactly is so miserable? Three words: low blood pressure
Now, I'm sure you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking, "Girl, you better thank your lucky stars it's low, because high blood pressure is worse."
High blood pressure is high risk, but neither is enjoyable by any means I would think. I know what comes along with high blood pressure and yes, I am thankful I do not have it along with Pre-E (Preeclampsia) which often comes from having high blood pressure.
For me, the low blood pressure has been an issue because of blurry vision and also dizziness. Basically, you feel like a drunk college girl all over again. As someone who teaches Zumba, it was very difficult for me to keep doing routines that involved sharp turns, hands over my head, and quick movements. (So basically all of my classes) I'm also constantly fatigue because of the low blood pressure. My body has been signaling me for moths to relax and rest, and well I have not listened. It took my chiropractor giving me the "mom look" for her to realize she's very serious. I need to listen to my body and rest, and also I'm taking whole food supplements to help with the low blood pressure (which she also thinks is part of adrenal fatigue, but I'm going to write an entire post on that some time in the future.)

So here I am 30 weeks and 4 days, recovering and resting as much as I can. Yes, I know what you're thinking because I hear it ALL THE TIME, "better enjoy it now while you can!" Yep, I'm totally sick of hearing that one.

Soon there will be weekly updates regarding this baby bump of mine all the way up until birth, then I'm sure there will be a short break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment