Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weeks 33, 34, & 35

Oy vay, am I behind so I'll just jump right into it.

Weeks 33 and 34 were great. I actually started feeling much better from the previous weeks and was able to have a lot of energy to get stuff done around the house.

Week 35 started on April 6th... and on April 7th I have my first round of regular contractions for about 2 hours straight. I always thought that I would be scared when I started having contractions, but I think I've researched enough and listened to my body enough, that it just felt... well... normal.

They were only 8-10 minutes a part so there was no need for concern. I can almost guarantee you though, if I would have been having this baby with an OB at a hospital, they would have made me come in, and induced me. My midwife told me not to worry until they about 6 minutes apart. Luckily they went away and I was able to sleep that night for a long Easter day.

We would really not like to have E at a hospital unless it's medically necessary. In about a week and a half (37 weeks) she can come whenever she wants and we can have a successful home birth.

I haven't had any fears of labor or delivery really. The thing I fear most is bringing baby E out in public and people touching her. I know this is a rational fear that a lot of other mothers have, especially first time moms. We are not starting her vaccinations until 3 months old and as her arrival moves closer and closer upon us, all the people I told who would be able to see her after she was born, I'm definitely starting to feel guilty that they will probably not see her until she's a little bigger and her immune system is a little stronger.

We have a home visit with our midwife tomorrow and it finally kicked my butt into gear about cleaning the bathrooms. They have never been so clean, and I'm super proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment