Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Starting over, again.

I've been putting off getting back into shape for so long. My biggest downfall is snacking, and excuses to exercise. Oh and carbs. I love bread. LOVE IT! I make fresh bread and in 2 days it's gone. That's how much I love it.

I was looking through pictures of M and I when we were first dating and I couldn't believe that I used to look like that. I thought of how much I physically loved how I looked and loved how I felt mentally. It took me about 6 months for my body to get down to 136 pounds and 19% body fat. I was working at Curves and literally had no excuses for working out. I worked out every day, and sometimes twice a day. I was teaching Zumba, and had so much energy! Then when I got pregnant, I feel like everything went down hill. And my friends, it's a slippery slope.

I looked at myself in the mirror now. I'm missing my energy. (That also could be of the lack of sleep. Thanks E!) But I miss the way my body looked like, and how I felt. I don't necessarily hate where I'm at right now. I'm a few pounds off of my pre-pregnancy weight and only 2 jean sizes up (from 4 to an 8) from Sept. 2011. But I miss being toned. So now, I'm going to do something about it. I'm kicking it back into gear and holding myself accountable for working out 5-6 days a week and eating a lot better than I have been.

I joined a weight loss challenge with some friends in my mom's group and I'm hoping that it really keeps me going. The challenge lasts until June and I'm hoping by E's first birthday in May, I'll be at my goal of my size 4 jeans again.

This is keeping me going. I got healthy once before, I can do it again.

(October 2009 & January 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment