Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 weeks in

It's been 2 weeks since we have moved here. We have definitely seen some differences between here and this midwest, but I'm loving 99% of everything here.

I'm loving living near everything. I'm in walking distance to a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. The neighborhood we live in is very quiet. Although I really don't care for apartment living, It's generally very quite (if only the people above us would get that memo).

We are loving living so close that we are consider buying a house in the suburbs. We wanted to so badly to have land, but we are realizing how much we love living next to everything. We are creatures of comfort, what can I say?

One thing I would change about Texas is the lack of DMVs. Seriously. They don't have DMVs. They have a separate building for licenses and a separate building for license plates and registration. It took 2 days to register and get licenses for us and 4 vehicles. Oh but wait! They don't give you your license the day you go. You get a piece of paper and you have to wait 10 days for them to mail you a license. Unfortunately, I didn't realize they put my maiden name on my license they are sending me, so I'll have to go back and get a new license and wait another 10 days.

E is settling in so well. I thought she would have a really rough transition period, but it's been smooth sailing for her. I would say it took about 3 or 4 days for her sleeping to get back to normal.

We've been exploring everything. We been taking drives every few days to check out different neighborhoods and towns. We've definitely found some areas we like over others!



No comments:

Post a Comment