Saturday, July 13, 2013

Officially Texans

We're finally here! It's been a stressful week of packing, driving, and unpacking, but we're on our way to getting settled. I'm actually really surprised how well E is doing. Our first night here, she ran around the whole apartment exploring every nook and crany.

It's been hard to unpack and find a home for everything because we are definitely downsizing right now. On a positive note, I have garbage fairies. I kid you not. I put the garbage outside my door on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and they make it disappear. It's very interesting and although we have forgotten to actually put the garbage outside, I'm looking forward to not having to drag it to a dumpster. (It's the little things in life right?)

E kicked butt on the drive down. She was a rockstar. We only had one tiny minor meltdown when she had lost all of her pacifiers in the car in Oklahoma, but after that, it was smooth sailing. There were rarely any tears, and she even slept most of the ride.

Today as we are getting even more organized and unpacked, it's starting to sink in that we just moved 1,000 miles. We've driven around here and there to check things out, and we're loving our location. We are close to everything. The furthest I've had to drive to get something is about 7 minutes to Target which is exactly what I used to drive back in the midwest.

Yes, it's hot. It's been in the triple digits every day we have been here, but if you're in the shade, I don't really think it's that bad. Now if I was working outside, I'm sure I would hate it.

It's safe to say we are loving it so far. I know it's only been a few days, but there hasn't been much to hate here in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment