Friday, August 2, 2013

HLC

It's Friday! HLC update time.

I wish I could say I kicked butt this week. I would love nothing more than to say, "Yeah! I worked out every day and I have been awesome!"

What a time I chose to be involved in a healthy living challenge.

You know, moving across country, M starting a new job, changing everything from Illinois to Texas.... Why not add myself into a competition?

This week was a sugar detox. I didn't realize how much sugar I actually ate until this challenge. I think that it might be a problem (so is my weakness for processed food.) 

My biggest hurdle this week was time. E is cutting a new tooth, M started work, and here I am trying to do my best. I lost a couple pounds, but I don't know if I'm happy about that. My goal wasn't really to lose weight, it was to learn how to be more confident in running and lose a few inches.

I ran once this week. Once. The only time I could get to the gym to run was earlier this week, before all the craziness happened.

I didn't eat enough. I was rushing so much I just ate all the leftovers E didn't eat. I bet this happens all the time, especially to moms. We are constantly running all over the place, trying to make our little ones happy.

I did get to go to a Zumba class today. It's been so long since I was in a class.. (I used to teach that you know...)

This week was a huge bust. I keep reminding myself that the week isn't over. I still have tomorrow and Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment