Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mushy love post

3 years ago today I was rummaging through my closet trying to find something to wear that would take the attention away from my gigantic walking boot. Why I had agreed to go on a date with someone I had never met while wearing this walking boot, was beyond me. I remember that I realized that it didn't matter anyway. The chances of this date leading a second, third, or beyond weren't high and I wasn't expecting much.

I mean really, who just meets a person online and how do you say, "Sorry I can't drive because I have a gigantic walking cast. Can you come pick me up? Oh and by the way I live with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews so... sorry if it's messy." And as I see him at the door I shew away my sister trying to take a peek, try not to trip on toy fire engines, while also trying not to trip over that bulky cast. So like I said, I wasn't expecting magical things to happen that night.

But... it did.

I tell Mike all the time that I wasn't expecting much out of the date. I wanted to have a good time, sure, but I wasn't expecting to be swept off my feet and have everything just fall in my lap.

Oh, but they did! All the things fell in my lap and very quickly!

I remember talking about pasta (for reals), our families, his business, and how we should probably order because our poor waiter was just waiting to actually work.

I remember my sister calling me at 11pm asking me if I was okay or if I was lying in a ditch somewhere because I hadn't returned home yet.

I remember his 80's playlist playing in the background. "Fields of Gold"

I remember thinking "Is he for real?" to said "Fields of Gold" but that thought quickly left when he looked at me.

I remember laughing and feeling nervous, but confident with him at the same time.

I remember him praying with me because he felt the urge from God to do so. I swooned.

I remember so much but so little at the same time. 3 years wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it especially now!

I had no idea that 5 weeks later he'd ask me to be his wife and 4 months later we'd be just that.

What an amazing journey we've had these last 3 years from the time we met till now.



















You and me babe. Fireworks.

With love,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment