Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A day out with Thomas

I was watching PBS when I saw the Day out with Thomas event in our area. I was so excited that I quickly called Mike and brought it up. It was on his birthday, so I didn't know how he'd feel about visiting Thomas the Train for his birthday, but he gave me the go ahead and we planned the day around seeing E's beloved train.

We ended up purchasing tickets for the first train ride and had to be there by 8am for the 9am train tide.

They had a gift shop and several tents set up with activities like, playing with trains, a mock Sodor island, music, food, and Sir Topham Hat was even there! (Never in my life did I ever think I'd be excited to see kids characters.)






Here's a tip if anyone ever wants to do this. The whole event is free, except for the train ride. Tickets in my area were about $20 each for the train ride. You get to hop on the train that is an actual Thomas. They take you on a ride for about 30 minutes and then your little one gets a certificated saying that they are "Official Junior Engineers"

The fun part is that Thomas the Train actually talks, moves his mouth, and blows smoke.


All and all she had a blast.

The only thing I would do different is not have her ride the train. She wasn't exactly interested in it. She spent more time playing with her toy trains than actually caring about being on a real train. If she was a little older it probably would have clicked more, but she didn't seem to care.

We will definitely be doing it again next year if she is still into Thomas as much as she is right now. She might even want to ride the train this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment